Happy Earth Day everyone! It’s that one special day of the year when folks are called upon to really look at how they treat the environment around them and asked to make changes to help keep this beautiful planet in good health for generations to come. And one of the sexiest ways to love the Earth is to get busy green-style!
That’s right – greening up your sex life is an awesome way to help clean up the environment- and bring a little extra dirty into your own bedroom. Here are a few helpful tips to make your Earth Day super hot – you know, to keep those glaciers cold!
- Turn off the lights! Yes, screwing in a well-lit room can be totally hot, but why not switch it up a bit and switch that flip! Getting frisky in the dark can not only add an edge of mystery (where is that hand going!?!), it saves a bunch of energy. Up the ante with a little romantic moonlight for a totally natural night in the sack.
- Forget about those crap-tastic jelly rubber toys and invest in higher quality sex toys! Not only will your planet thank you, your body will be super grateful too! The better quality a toy is, the longer it should last, which means toys get tossed out less frequently, and therefore generate less waste, including packaging. Along with cutting down trash, higher quality toys are generally better for your body. Toys made of good materials like 100% silicone, wood, glass and metal are non-porous and phthalate-free, making them body safe and super sexy! Phthalates are plastic softening chemicals that are found in flexible materials like jelly rubber and PVC. If chemicals leaching out of your toy and creating a greasy film and gross sickly sweet smell aren’t enough of a deterrent, phthalates have been linked to all sorts of health issues, including cancer. No thanks! Stick with the safe stuff!
- And don’t for get about the lube! Lots of companies offer organic lubes that have body safe natural ingredients. Just say no to chemical crap in your body!
- If it’s the buzz that gets you all tingly, skip the battery powered toys and go for the rechargeable vibes. Saves you money and saves the world a bunch of battery acid filled waste! Also a cool idea: hand crank powered vibes and solar powered toys.
- Conserve water by showering together. Save even more water by keeping the hanky panky for before or after – get in, get out, get busy!
- Get dolled up in duds by eco friendly designers. Check out Enamore Ltd for organic, sustainable underthings. And think about bamboo sheets next time you are making up the bed after a particularly fun night.
- And lastly, watching porn on video-on-demand, like HotMoviesForHer.com is a great way to reduce the waste from DVD discs and packaging. Good job guys!
No matter what way you slice it, being more aware of how you affect the planet is a great idea, both in and out of the bedroom.
Happy Earth Day!