Today is my 2 year anniversary with HotMoviesForHer.com. Some days it feels like I’ve been working here forever (we just mesh well) and others seem like it’s only been a minute. I guess it’s true what they say about time flying when you are having fun. And fun is definitely what I’ve been having, peddling the girlie smut and bringing all I know about sexin’ to you ladies. I love my job and know that the pleasure side of sexuality is where I belong.
In celebration of my anniversary, I thought I’d write up some of my favorite HM4Her moments from the last two years. I know it’s a little self indulgent, but hey isn’t indulgence what porn is all about?
So, here goes nothin’!
- My very first sex tips column, Introducing J.D. – Your Newest Sexpert Extraordinaire! It was my first time really writing about sex for people on a larger scale. The beginning of something beautiful!
- Dinah Shore weekends 2008 & 2009. Sponosoring this massive lezzie event is not only an awesome way to help the lesbian community get to know us, it’s a fabulous way for us to really get to talk to tons of women about porn and what things they’d like to see on a porn site just for women. Watching Pat Benetar, Margaret Cho, the Idigo Girls, Lady Gaga and bunches of girls in binkinis is just a perk. Oh, that and hanging out with The Porn Librarian. It’s the only time of the year I get to see her face-to-face, so Palm Springs is extra fun!
- Oh hell, when we created the entire Queer Theater!
- Hanging out with Candida Royalle, Jayme Waxman and my own masturbation idol, Betty Dodson after the New York Sex Bloggers Calendar release party.
- Heading up to NYC with The Porn Librarian to chat about porn on The Diana Cage radio show. Then phoning our second time on the show in from my bed. Not as fun, but included way more pajamas.
- Coming up with the best promo attire ever!
- When FrzKey joined our ranks! Yay!
- Finally watching The Devil In Miss Jones. After my mom told me about it.
- Checking out The Porn Saints work in person at the same party. Porn stars + art = awesome.
- Interviewing with Velvet Park Magazine about how much we love queer porn.
- My mom telling me that she loved and laughed so hard when she watched Joanna Angel reading for Heeb.
Alright, I could go on for days, so that will have to be the top of the top of my two years here at HotMoviesForHer. Thanks to all of you for reading and lovin’ porn enough for me to have a job as rad as this!