“You’ll know it when you see it.” Bren Ryder couldn’t be more dead on when it comes to Good Dyke Porn, both in theory and on her website of the same name. Ryder has taken the dyke porn interweb by storm with her documentary style scenes that embody the intimacy and excitement of real queer chicks having real sex. And lucky us, not only does Ryder work magic behind the camera, she gets in on the action as one of the hottest dykes this side of the computer screen!
Check out Bren Ryder’s website!
1. How (and when) did you get started in the industry?
Two years ago, I was faced with the decision to continue my pursuit in becoming a firefighter or follow my dream to create lesbian porn that was actually good and representative of lesbians. I canceled my entrance interview with the fire department and got to work on creating these dream scenes. It took one year to prepare and shoot and get the website, GoodDykePorn.com, live. Now we’re approaching our first year anniversary.
2. If you weren’t in the adult industry, what would you be doing?
I could say that I would be a firefighter, but that’s probably not true either – it wasn’t meant to be for me. I would probably be making short independent films and writing screenplays.
3. What’s the best thing you’ve learned or best advice you’ve received from industry?
I’ve learned so much. I started this business with my heart and my head is still catching up. The best advice I’ve received is to not give up. I’ve been told to stick to it because, they say, my work is important. That’s an amazing thing to hear.
4. What’s the funniest thing that’s happened while filming?
We always have fun when shooting and sometimes include that in the scenes. We’re always giggling and laughing. I can’t recall a specific moment, but I do remember having side-splitting laughter many times.
5. What do you think is the biggest misconception about women in industry?
I think the biggest misconception is that women are being coerced into having sex for the camera. And that the women don’t have any say in the images that are created.
6. What did you do today?
Today I shopped the new DVD to the local gay store and other stores and distributors around North America.
7. What would you rather have done today?
I would have rather already be sending out the DVD’s to the stores. Otherwise, I love my days.
8. If you could do a movie with anyone (living or brought back from the dead) who would it be?
9. Who is your favorite adult performer?
Right now I’m especially fond of Buck Angel. I love the porn revolutionists.
10. You’ve got 20 bucks left to your name; what would you do with it?
I would probably buy beer and sushi.
11. If you were president, what’s the first thing you’d change?
I would make every decision follow a strict criteria to be 100% motivated from love.
12. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
Honestly, I have no idea.
13. Which is your favorite project you’ve worked on?
The scene that we shot which was called, “Pussy Home Invasion”. Creating the context of these hot queer femme’s breaking into a butch’s home to grab her and… it was so fun.
14. If you could have 1 superpower what would it be?
I would have the ability to put thoughts in people’s heads.
15. Meat or veggie?
16. What is your favorite book?
17. What is your biggest pet peeve?
18. What is your best piece of sex advice for women?
Just be yourself.
19. What is your favorite adult movie?
Crash Pad – for it’s ground breaking and extremely hot authentic queer sex.
20. Tell me one thing you’ve never told anyone else.
I wonder what life would be like as a cat.